This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Dell Switches

I have used the switchport mapper  in the past with HP switches and it was a godsend to be able to figure out what machines were on what port.  I have a trial installation of 9.2 with SP1, but I am not able to get the MAC, IP or DNS of the computers attached to some Dell switches.  I have 5224, 5324, and a 6024.  It does seem to get the MAC for LAGs? labeled as ch1, ch2, ch3, etc....

I have 2 VLAN on the switches, one for DATA and then one for management.  Is their something I need to change in the configuration for this to work?

Thanks,

James

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I've complained several times about this.  Solarwinds doesn't work properly with the MIBs that the Dell switches use.  If you use more than one vlan (who doesn't these days) you're out of luck.