This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bandwidth monitor settings for T1

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have multiple T1's in my router and am having trouble finding realistic values for the Bandwidth monitor SNMP

Any new monitor defaults to: Last-Value Threshold defaults to 1638.40, Max Traffic in & out defaults to 409.6. What would be good setting for 1.54 (Full T1) and I want to be alerted when it is more than 70% used.

Same thing for any bandwidth monitor. If I have a GB lan card, the same defaults are used. Its almost like I am wishing for a simple case of fields that say Max Port Speed and % of usage.

The other thing I am a bit unsure of is if the poll is only happening every 5 minutes (and this is a bandwidth monitor), is the trap it is pulling from giving the bandwidth total usage since the last poll, or only period while the poll is happening.