18 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2008 7:51 PM by mark wiggans

Netflow v3

daveh

Hi,

I'd firstly like to say thanks for another great product from Solarwinds. I've just installed it with no problems. It ran fine, no problems. Here's what I love...

Seeing netflow data within NPM interface details (Interfaces that are recieving netflow data only!)

Having the multi port application configuration

The search tool now works

The ability to monitor all ports at the hit of a button rather than running a SQL script.

A question though...

How do I get the modules within Interface details to have a default time sample of "Today" instead of "2 Hours" to match the interface graphs? I can however change the interface graphs to 2 hours but I like the 24 hour sample time.

and a possible bug?

When managing views I cannot "Preview" the interface netflow modules, i.e. when I moved some around on the interface details view I couldn't verify they were in the correct location using the "Preview" button.

despite these nigly little things I thankyou again for a brill product.

Dave

• Re: Netflow v3

I installed it today and the installation was Smooth but the NETFLOW collector service doesnt run after the Upgrade..

How can I solve it.?

Yes, and it was working before the upgrade, aparently is something related with license becuase the event shows the Error "A license check failed. Orion version does not match NetFlow Traffic Analyzer version. Please contact SolarWinds to purchase an upgrade of NetFlow Traffic Analyzer" I install the License manager to get another License Key but the problem still happening.

mark wiggans

There is a conflict with a previous license (eval/production/beta) and or serial number in the registry. Support can assist you in getting this cleared up.

Same problem here, I opened ticket and will await feedback or hotfix.

mark

swnorth

I also had the issue where I upgraded to NetFlow 3.0. Had Solarwinds support online earlier today and got the hotfix to get past the Netflow install = < > problem. Netflow config ran OK after the hotfix. Netflow service would not start as it said " License not valid". Support had me delete the old Solariwnds.net keys in the registry. Installed new keys and now almost dead in the water. The web gui is out, APM is out on Orion Polling server. I have an additional Orion web server I have Netflow 2.2.1 running is still working and the gui works on that server however the APM is dead.

Can't run Config wizard as it hangs on any xxxx.dbConfig file. Gives timeout error. Had to send SolarwindsDaigs fiiles to developers.

mark wiggans

What is the case number that you have so I can ensure that it is linked with the current test track for the hanging issue?

swnorth

Case is 42242

mark wiggans

Thanks, regarding
                                      the hanging of NetFlowDatabaseScheme.dbConfig file -

Would
                                      it be possible to run a SQL Profiler alongside the Configuration Wizard
                                      performing the database upgrade scripts, so we can get T-SQL statements and
                                      determine how long they take to execute and attach them to that ticket?

NTeam

Not sure if this helps anyone, this just worked for me

But i worked with my Database team and we moved the log files to a new location because they maxxed out the hard drive they were on when the install was stuck on the XXXX.dbconfig.

After moving the logs the install seemed to run smoothly.

However i was still not seeing all the data under netflow on web, i was also having issues with the Custom MIB Poller not returning any data.

Out of the blue i decided to run the Configuration Wizard and run the repair Database, this seems to have corrected nearly all my Issues currently with Solarwinds.

I am still currently testing to make sure everything is up and running and all ok.

davidmaltby

I am not sure yet, but I suspect that this issue may be occuring on a particular T-SQL statement.  That statement involves both the FlowCorrelation and IPAddressGroup tables where one was a subquery of the other.  For one customer's diagnostics (dmoore), I see that the FlowCorrelation table row count is 24,065,243.   Can any of you others who are experiencing this issue tell me the row counts on both of these tables? 

Thanks,

I recommend creating a support ticket at http://www.solarwinds.com/support.  Support should be able to resolve the issue.

NTeam

Just a quick one .....

Anyone else have an extended delay on the install when it got to

- Processing NetFlowDatabaseScheme.dbConfig file ....

Seems mine has been sitting there for about an hour or so?>

Just wondered if this was normal

Note: Database is approx 47GB

d-moore

Just a quick one .....

Anyone else have an extended delay on the install when it got to

- Processing NetFlowDatabaseScheme.dbConfig file ....

Seems mine has been sitting there for about an hour or so?>

Just wondered if this was normal

Note: Database is approx 47GB

I get the same error. I did a repair and nothing. my DB is probably around 50 gigs also.

daveh

Hi,

I'd firstly like to say thanks for another great product from Solarwinds. I've just installed it with no problems. It ran fine, no problems. Here's what I love...

Seeing netflow data within NPM interface details (Interfaces that are recieving netflow data only!)

Having the multi port application configuration

The search tool now works

The ability to monitor all ports at the hit of a button rather than running a SQL script.

A question though...

How do I get the modules within Interface details to have a default time sample of "Today" instead of "2 Hours" to match the interface graphs? I can however change the interface graphs to 2 hours but I like the 24 hour sample time.

and a possible bug?

When managing views I cannot "Preview" the interface netflow modules, i.e. when I moved some around on the interface details view I couldn't verify they were in the correct location using the "Preview" button.

despite these nigly little things I thankyou again for a brill product.

Dave

Since my post was hijacked can someone please respond to the questions above?

thanks

Dave 

mark wiggans

A question though...

Since my post was hijacked can someone please respond to the questions above?

thanks

Dave 

Per David's response here Re: NTA v3 - Graphs are WAY off  "unfortunately you can’t change this default, it is hardcoded.  But once on the summary page, you can change it to display other time ranges." HTH