This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Layer 2 Traffic Data via NetFlow on a Cisco 4500 - ip flow ingress layer2-switched

Folks,
I'm working on a Cisco Catalyst 4506 and I'm trying to get layer 2 level traffic detail (switched traffic vs. routed traffic) via NetFlow. I have been able to get this working utilizing the command "ip flow ingress layer2-switched". However, the NetFlow records don't include the source and destination ports for the traffic. Instead, it's all being allocated to/from the "EOBC" interface which is a virtual representation of the switch's bus fabric.

Anyone out there have experience with this? Do you know if there is a way to get the switch to include the source and destination port information? Anyone know if this behaviour is consistent on the 6500 series switches?

Thanks in adance...
Josh