This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Request for Orion Map module

Blinking icons!  We currently use maps with background or our buildings with the device icons in each building. This can get a little cluttered. It would be nice that if a device status was warning or down that the icon would blink - catching the viewer's eye.

The ability to include custom poller information in the labels for these devices. For example, if you have a UPS on the map then be able to have the label show values such as load, capacity, etc. Very useful for this as well as other things....

The ability to have nested maps show as they do when you do a preview. Currently when you design a map and lay it out as you want it then have it as a nested map the layout changes to just the map and nodes below it.

The ability to have a page with multiple nodes detail segments displayed on one page.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Good suggestions.  A couple of clarifications:

The ability to have nested maps show as they do when you do a preview. Currently when you design a map and lay it out as you want it then have it as a nested map the layout changes to just the map and nodes below it.

Can you explain what it is you want to see here?  I started to capture in our database, and I realized that I don't adequately understand.

The ability to have a page with multiple nodes detail segments displayed on one page.

Is this Map Maker?  Can you spell it out for me?  What problem are you trying to solve with this request?  More detail is better--I usually copy and paste customer requests into our database.

• Denny, send me an email and I will reply to that with screenshots.

You are right - the two you mentioned aren't map maker - sorry, my bad (Guess I was on a roll)....

The first and second issues are View issues.....

• I would also like to have the ability for the color of a link to be governed by a traffic value, e.g. percent utilization.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to gblessing

Could you post the screenshots to Thwack?  I don't mind exchanging email with you, but I know the rest of the community is interested, and would be better served by keeping the conversation out here rather than taking it offline.

• Bump to top.

It's astounding that this has been a unfulfilled feature request for so long.

Blinking option on map/atlas icons is a no brainer requirement!  Even a basic implementation would be a good step.

• HI Superdave--

Marked for the PM to review.

Thanks for the feedback.

M