This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Config Download Problem

Can anyone shed light to my problem? In the past I have been able to use the Config Download Tool on the Engineers Toolset but now I am getting "Transfer Failed - Bad File name. No matter what I do I keep  getting this and not able to use this tool. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

•  Engineer - It could be that the default name for the file transfer might not be acceptable to your device.  In the Download Config Dialog, we use a macro for the filename, "c:\TFTPRoot\%SysName%.CiscoConfig".  Could you try changing that to something simpler like: "C:\TFTPRoot\testcfg.txt"?

HTH,

Greg 

• Greg,

I have tried changing the name to "C:\TFTP-Root\test.txt" but still comes up with "Transfer failed Bad Filename". Funny though, because it was working OK until about 3 weeks ago. I guess the only  thing I haven't tried is to uninstall and reinstall. I am willing to try any other suggestion  before reinstalling.

•  Engineer - Could you please capture the SNMP and TFTP traffic for the attempted transfer and then contact our support folks.  Let them know I asked you to send it in.  We can then get a better picture of what is going on.

Thanks,

Greg 

• Has anyone come up with an answer to this? I have the same problem. After a computer crash and a reload of the software I come up with the same "Transfer Failed - Bad File name". I've attempted the proposed solutions listed here. I'm using 10.2 on a XP SP3 machine. Any help would be appriciated.

• John - WE have made many changes to the TFTP server since 10.2, might be worth a try to upgrade (we are currently at v10.5).

If your maintenance is current, there is no cost to get the latest version...

HTH,

Greg