This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ipmonitor web part for Sharepoint 2007

I saw a single post requesting a gadget.  I am interested in something similar.  Has there been any interest in a sharepoint 2007 web part?  It would be fantastic to put a summary of key machines on a portal site for a global company to have poeple reference the status of the network.  Also, if reporting could be published in sharepoint, the easy access it would provide for managers to look at overal network performance would be big win.

Thanks,

Sean

• This is a really interesting idea.   So you're saying that you would choose to display a section of the ipMonitor data (e.g. Map or specific resource) within your Sharepoint 2007 website.   From a security perspective, would you expect the web part to authenticate into ipMonitor somehow or is it okay if it functions with anonymous access?   Also, just curious, how many employees do you have in your company?   We're trying to understand what size companies might be interested in such a feature. 

• Yes, a piece or peices of data that could be selected via the web part.  Our company only has about 200 poeple but we are spread over a wide area including the United States, China and Switzerland.  I could see where this would be beneficial for users and management that would like to have some visibility into the status of the network and services IT provides.  If you could incorporate a way to show reports as well I think it would be a fantastic way to extrend the usefulness of IP Monitor.

Sean

•  I work for a large government organization with over 6000 users and we use IPmonitor as well as Sharepoint 2007.  The network administration team which I'm part of uses IPmonitor for obvious reasons but it would be great if we could add a website status web part to the helpdesk's Sharepoint site.  It would save us a lot of time having to tell the helpdesk folks whether or not a site is up whenever a user has connectivity problems.  I've spent a lot of time looking for a suitable solution we can use for this and I can tell you for sure that one doesn't exist.

Just my two cents,

Kevin

•  We also use SharePoint 2007 and ipMonitor 9 and would like to integrate the two.  To answer an earlier question, yes, we would want to present the monitor statuses anonymously so that any of our domain users can check the status of our application environment (we are an ASP).

Any chance this could happen?  It would a huge plus for us.

-Chris

• One option to consider is to leverage ipMonitor's SOAP interface.   This has been around since ipMonitor v7 and has been used by several xSP ipMonitor customres.    I've included links to the documentation below: