4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2008 9:23 AM by jeffnorton

Feature requests

jeffnorton

We have a several of feature requests:

1- We need the ability to filter out the domain name suffix on all node names

2- Right now Orion polls nodes via icmp and get's specific info via SNMP.  We woul like to have the option of polling a device via snmp.  The reason is that in some cases we have devices behind firewalls and we don't let icmp through and don't want to.

3- We would like to see the ability to unmanage devices as a group and not individually.  If we have a large change being made it takes a long time to go through each device one at a time and unmange for the duration of the change.

4-  AND do it all from the web interface

• Re: Feature requests
          denny.lecompte
          1- We need the ability to filter out the domain name suffix on all node names

Could you tell me more about this one?  I haven't heard it before.

2- Right now Orion polls nodes via icmp and get's specific info via SNMP.  We woul like to have the option of polling a device via snmp.  The reason is that in some cases we have devices behind firewalls and we don't let icmp through and don't want to.

I've heard this frequently from the ICMP-haters out there.  We're working on it.  Not in 9.0, but it's definitely on the list.

3- We would like to see the ability to unmanage devices as a group and not individually.  If we have a large change being made it takes a long time to go through each device one at a time and unmange for the duration of the change.

4-  AND do it all from the web interface

You get both of these in 9.0.