2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2008 12:28 PM by pozzwali

A few Requests

pozzwali

1)     SNMPv3 Support

2)     The ability to massage the data returned via SNMP.  For example Dell reports drive status via snmp 1,2,3,4 or 5.  I would love a way to massage that so our techs could see 3=ok or 4=rebuilding....

3)     Custom Web Resources on the Dashboard.  I would like to be able to show the status of our UPS's or the Humidity readings from our Climate Monitoring HW.

4)     Granular Reporting.  I've seen a request for more indepth reporting on the Exchange Monitor.  I would like this expanded a bit more i.e. reporting on the return value of a custom snmp monitor.

Thanks

David

• Re: A few Requests
          chris.lapoint
          1)     SNMPv3 Support

I'm trying to determine if there is any correlation between # of users and requirements for SNMP v3 support.   How many users do you have in your organization?   Also, is the requirement for SNMP v3 support compliance / auditor driven or just the desire to improve security?

2)     The ability to massage the data returned via SNMP.  For example Dell reports drive status via snmp 1,2,3,4 or 5.  I would love a way to massage that so our techs could see 3=ok or 4=rebuilding....

Is this for custom SNMP monitors or are you talking about changing status for the built-in SNMP monitors?

3)     Custom Web Resources on the Dashboard.  I would like to be able to show the status of our UPS's or the Humidity readings from our Climate Monitoring HW.

v9 provides this functionality today.   Simply click on "+ Add Web Resource" and you should see the ability to add a "Top XX Devices by Humidity" resource.

4)     Granular Reporting.  I've seen a request for more indepth reporting on the Exchange Monitor.  I would like this expanded a bit more i.e. reporting on the return value of a custom snmp monitor.

Just to make sure I understand the request....you'd like to see the Exchange counter data and Custom SNMP monitor statistics stored in the database for historical reporting?

• Re: A few Requests
              pozzwali

1)     SNMPv3 Support

I'm trying to determine if there is any correlation between # of users and requirements for SNMP v3 support.   How many users do you have in your organization?   Also, is the requirement for SNMP v3 support compliance / auditor driven or just the desire to improve security?

Is this for custom SNMP monitors or are you talking about changing status for the built-in SNMP monitors?

v9 provides this functionality today.   Simply click on "+ Add Web Resource" and you should see the ability to add a "Top XX Devices by Humidity" resource.

Just to make sure I understand the request....you'd like to see the Exchange counter data and Custom SNMP monitor statistics stored in the database for historical reporting?

1)  The SNMPv3 is for security.  We have 7000+ user comprised mostly of k-12 students.

2)  These are for custom snmp but it can also apply to any monitor.  Dell and APC report status in numerical format but that translates into a status message.  Orion allows for this by letting you enumerate the result of the snmp poll.

3)  When I add the "Top XX Devices by Humidity" it does not show any of my WatchDog monitors.

4)    Yes,  Storing this data for reporting would be great.  It would enable us to create reports for temperature fluctuations and input voltage on our UPS's

Thanks

David