1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2008 9:33 AM by Peter.Cooper

Preparation before change "Computer Name"

Hi,

Because of audit purpose in my division, I need to change the "Computer Name" of the server where the ipMonitor installed on. Could anyone please explain me what I have to prepare for the existing ipMonitor Configuration before this change ? I'm afraid this change can affect ipMonitor SSL configuration, credential, etc. Currently I still use ipMonitor 8.5 in the server which its "Computer Name" have to be changed.

Regards,

Fauzan 

• Re: Preparation before change "Computer Name"
          Peter.Cooper

'm afraid this change can affect ipMonitor SSL configuration, credential, etc.

Credentials will not be affected. You may want to do a "backup now", but this change won't affect anything we really count on.

Before: Park the license. I don't know if you have to, but it's just a few clicks ...

After: Grab the license, then do another self signed certificate. Ensure that the new computer's name doesn't have "_" and "*" in the name, and it'll work out fine. Note: We're finding out that the OS's Certificate lookup fails if those characters are in the common name.

Other than that, there are no special details to know.