9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2008 12:54 PM by jeff.stewart

Orion SP3 issues with Netflow service

BryanBecker

I upgraded to SP3 this weekend and the NetFlow service will not keep running on my 4 pollers.  I can restart the service but it will eventually fail.  I'm going to open a ticket but want to see if anyone else has the issue.  While we did the upgrade out DB was moved to a new server but I don't expect that has anything to do with it.

BB

• Re: Orion SP3 issues with Netflow service
          jeff.stewart

You have any luck getting this figured out?  Looks like we are seeing the same.

Can you be more specific about what's happening when the NetFlow service fails? 

jeff.stewart

I'll try, but I'm not to sure where to look for the cause of this problem.  Under the Orion Service Manger, even after a restart of the machine the services is showing stopped.  I then start the service back up, it goes to Running and no more than 5 seconds later it goes back to Stopped.  We installed this module last night and have 3 6500 with several interfaces sending Netflow data.

jeff.stewart

Also on my Orion site it says Netflow Receiver Service Started 62 times and Netflow Receiver Service Stopped 11 times.

Are there any Windows Event Log messages that reveal error messages, etc.? 

jeff.stewart

This looks bad;

CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.

2008-02-19 23:19:18,102 [AlertCheckingThread] WARN Error - Error in UpdateRowsThatAreTriggered() - AddEditAlertStatus

EXCEPTION STACK: --> Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.AlertStatus'.'PK_AlertStatus' in database 'SolarWindsNPM' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup. : .Net SqlClient Data Provider : at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)atSystem.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()at AlertingEngine.CheckAlert.UpdateRowsThatAreTriggered();;;