3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2008 5:47 PM by alexmex

Custom SNMP Monitor Results

pozzwali

Good afternoon all,

I have setup a custom snmp monitor and it is reporting a raw value of 174000 but i need to convert that value to minutes.  How do I go about or can I change how ipMonitor displays the value? 

Thanks Again

ps  Due to the amount of expertice I have seen while browsing through this site we have decided to go w/ Cirrus and ipMonitor.  Thanks to all who contribute.

• Re: Custom SNMP Monitor Results
          Peter.Cooper

Hello pozzwali,

I have setup a custom snmp monitor and it is reporting a raw value of 174000 but i need to convert that value to minutes. 

ipMonitor's custom SNMP monitors aren't as powerful as Orion's. There isn't a facility yet in ipMonitor that allows you to manipulate the raw values. What SNMP value are you retrieving? I'm curious to find out if it's encoded as one of the TimeTicks types.

• Re: Custom SNMP Monitor Results

I have a similar problem with the SNMP values. The problem is that I'm monitoring some call counters. The value in a snmp walk is Integer32, the value that displays the Monitor is Integer but the report that we make to have a graph with the values is in floting. The "Last Result" value is in Integer.

Why is this happening?

Can a report display in a graph the "Last Result" value instead of the SNMP value?

Thanks