3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2008 5:02 PM by Peter.Cooper

Account permissions

bleearg13

Another one I missed during beta:

v8 had allowed the suspension of monitors without requiring the "Write" permission.  This was extremely useful, as we do not like our NOC disabling monitors, but do want them to be able to suspend.  Any way to get this back to the way it was? 

• Re: Account permissions
          chris.lapoint

Thanks for the feedback.   Just to make sure I understand this, you'd like for an additional right to be added to the Access Map for allowing users with "read" access to also be granted "suspend" access?

bleearg13

Yes, it was perfect in 8.x, but it changed so now all my users need write access to all monitors.  This, unfortunately, also gives them the ability to disable, enable, and change monitor data, which is not a permission that front-line tech support should have.

Peter.Cooper

To clarify Chris: A regression was added that prevented accounts that previously had the ability to suspend (but not write access). Technically, the account has permission to do so, but the new tool bar is incorrectly dimming out the option.

This is TT2116 for the ipMonitor project. I think Derek saw it independently today and fixed it (within a couple minutes). If anyone reading the post needs this fix urgently, open a ticket with support and we'll work with them to get you an updated template file.