6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2008 1:46 PM by josh.clark

APM Beta: Obvious bugs

1.  When you add nodes to a template they do not show up as being assigned to that template when you go to the screen to add more nodes (ie. they are unchecked).

2.  If you add a node twice to a template, that template shows up twice under the node.

3.  Templates are allowed to use the same names, these should be unique to each template.

4.  I need the ability to add a SNMP table query.  We have a meshed VPN network using Juniper Firewalls.  I would like to be able to monitor the VPN status.  (OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.4.1.1)

• Re: APM Beta: Obvious bugs
          denny.lecompte
          4.  I need the ability to add a SNMP table query.  We have a meshed VPN network using Juniper Firewalls.  I would like to be able to monitor the VPN status.  (OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.4.1.1)

This functionality is going to be delivered as a core part of Orion 9.  You'll be able to show that data on Application views.

What about Custom WMI queries (i.e. I need to monitor Exchange queues using WMI)?  When will this be added to APM?

David

denny.lecompte

No promises, but it's a top priority for APM 2.0.  To head off your next question, I don't have a date for 2.0 except to say that it'll be in 2008.

What else would you like to see added? 

I would like to see the ability to apply a template to a host but then enable or disable specific monitors within the template for individual hosts.  That way I can have, for example, one Exchange template, but then customize it for each host depending on what components are installed.

David

In order of applications, we would lke to be able to monitor:

Active Directory, VMWare, MS Exchange, Oracle, MS SQL..

I would like to see a LDAP monitor added, SMTP email round trip monitor, and a VMWare ESX monitor (server and hosts).  As I understand it, most of these features were in IPMonitor and that there are plans to add these to APM over time.

David

josh.clark

I would like to see the ability to apply a template to a host but then enable or disable specific monitors within the template for individual hosts.  That way I can have, for example, one Exchange template, but then customize it for each host depending on what components are installed.

You can't disable a monitor, but you can delete it from the application without affecting the template.