3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2008 11:02 AM by EMetro

Restart Windows Services

Good morning folks,

I've been fidgeting with the demo of ipMonitor  and have really enjoyed it so far, however, I can't seem to figure how to get it to do what I need.

The quick of it is... I would like to auto-restart a service if it's found to be stopped.  I found in the tools menu how to manualy send a restart, but I can't figure how to get this into the alert.

I'll continue looking, but if y'all can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

• Re: Restart Windows Services
          jonchill

When I first installed IPMonitor I was testing it with the Solarwinds TFTP service and at the time it was stopped the alert worked but I could not work out how to get it to start the service and haven't had anytime to look further into it.

I'll let you know if when I find the result I'm looking for.

chris.lapoint

I've been fidgeting with the demo of ipMonitor  and have really enjoyed it so far, however, I can't seem to figure how to get it to do what I need.

The quick of it is... I would like to auto-restart a service if it's found to be stopped.  I found in the tools menu how to manualy send a restart, but I can't figure how to get this into the alert.

When configuring an Alert Profile in v8.5 (Alerts > Add Profile), click the Add Alert button and you will see options for "Reboot Server" and "Restart Service".   The recovery parameters (e.g. credential, service to recover, etc.) must be configured in the monitor.  

Awesome!

This worked!!!

As simple as it is, there's still a lot of learning to be done. :)

Many thanks,

*edit* ... of course I would have to hit the help link AFTER you give the answer.  There's some good info there.  I always point folks to help files when helping them with their software/windows issues and whatnot.  This just kills me!  Gotta love irony!