This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Command-line alerts/Events generator

I would like to integrate some other applications with Solarwinds Orion's homepage by making simple log-only "Alerts" or "Events" that appear in the website summary.

A practical example of this is to use Solarwinds Syslog tool and generate an alert event based on a small set of input options.  This works for SNMP, but not for Syslog.

Example usage would be as follows:

OrionAlert.exe -h RouterA  SEC-6-IPACCSESLOGP  156443: list 101 denied tcp 172.12.0.1 -> 192.168.1.1
OrionEvent.exe -h RouterA -i 192.168.1.1 SEC-6-IPACCSESLOGP  156443: list 101 denied tcp 172.12.0.1 -> 192.168.1.1

Options:

-i = Source IP
-h = Source Hostname
-n = Source Node
-l = Log Anyway if node is not valid

Any one of the "source" options would run a SQL query against the database and query the most relevant node.
If the node exists, the executable exits with code 0.
If the node does not exist, and -l is not specified, exit with error code 1 and a diagnostics message.
If the node does not exist, and -l is specified, log the event in "plaintext" for the event log to a non-specified node, and exit with errorcode 0.

If the node does not exist,