2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2007 12:00 PM by hladkyc

Adjusting the default thresholds

hladkyc

I would like to be able to adjust the default threshold values for things like bandwidth, temperature, disk space.

I understand that I can set these at each item, and use the mass edit, but I would just like to change the defaults so that I don't always have to keep changing it as I add new servers.

Can anyone help? 

• Re: Adjusting the default thresholds
          chris.lapoint

My ipMonitor Sensei in development tells me to consider the following approaches:

1. Create the monitors the way you want them, disable them, then put them in a group (specifically to hold it) and clone them.
          2. Create the monitors the way you want them, disable them, then save them as xml, remove the "id" value and import them.

The first way eats up a Monitor License, but is really useful, easy, and gets backed up with everything else.

Hope this helps!

• Re: Adjusting the default thresholds
              hladkyc

I appreciate the ideas.  I should have probably mentioned that I want to be able to also use the "Network Scan" feature at the same time.  I think by doing it the way that you mention would mean I would have to build my IPmonitor infrastructure manually, which sounds very daunting.

Any other ideas?