This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New resources. Advanced syslog parser.

New! v.1.01
Advansed Syslog search, Syslog Parser like Cisco Works, Advanced Syslog Summary and Syslog Counts

Comments?

• Gob

Looks good from the screen shot but I'm not sure where to place the files or where to put the block of code that you mention in the TXT I don't have an Orion foler off the Solarwinds Inetpub folder, do I have to creat the folder and legacy file?

Thanks

Jon

• Comments?

This is great work Gob! I really like it. It is a bit rough around the edges, but it is something that I am able to take and get working easily.

• Looks good from the screen shot but I'm not sure where to place the files or where to put the block of code that you mention in the TXT I don't have an Orion foler off the Solarwinds Inetpub folder, do I have to creat the folder and legacy file?

NO! You must find Your Oion website folder! By default c:\inetpub\solarwinds.
    Then copy all files from "c--Inetpub--SolarWinds--netperfmon" folder into c:\inetpub\solarwinds\netperfmon\

Also copy all files "c--Inetpub--SolarWinds--NetPerfMon--Resources--1-1-SummaryReports" into c\Inetpub\SolarWinds\NetPerfMon\Resources\1-1-SummaryReports\
    And from c--Inetpub--SolarWinds--Orion--NetPerfMon--Resources--Summary
    emoticons_happy.png

Also You can edit "legacyProxy.config", by default it plased in c:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\
    You must find Your Oion website folder!

• NO! You must find Your Oion website folder!

I think it might help if you specify which version(s) this works with. I don't think the Orion folder appeared until lately (8.5 I think?). These resources work for me running Orion 8.5.1.

• I think it might help if you specify which version(s) this works with. I don't think the Orion folder appeared until lately (8.5 I think?). These resources work for me running Orion 8.5.1.

Yes, of course. If SolarwindsNPM version 7.x please ignore readme.txt

P.S. I wrote search_syslog resource for version 7.x. It will be share later.

• I'm currently running 8.1 will it work with my version and if so how can I get it to work?

Thanks

• I have installed it and got great feedback from my (webconsole) users.
    Thanks for the effort!!

Greetings,

• Search Syslog Resource for OrionNPM v7.x

• This looks great, but I do get an error

SQL Open Error: Invalid column name 'access'.

I get this when I click on the 'who' link  

• Malvado said:
    SQL Open Error: Invalid column name 'access'.
    How to fix it.
    1. Open syslog_who.asp in any text editor.
    2. Find and delete ",nodes.access" in two places.

Before
    SysLog.IP, Nodes.Caption, Nodes.NodeID,nodes.access, SysLog.MessageType,

After
    SysLog.IP, Nodes.Caption, Nodes.NodeID, SysLog.MessageType,