4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2007 4:10 AM by JGJackson

TFTP Server and Formscape

I have been running the free TFTP server on our W2003 print server to assist in the update of our Avaya VOIP phones. While this is running, we have had problems with our order acknowledgements, printed from SAP via Formscape. Note that Formscape also runs the print server. The problem is that order lines are duplicated on each acknowledgement printed e.g. a single line order ends up with 4 copies of that line printed. Stopping TFTP and rebooting the server fixes it.

The version we use was provided by the phone reseller when we decided to update the phones and it is an old version (5.1) but when I tried to install version 9 it tells me it needs W2003 which it is anyway and won't continue.

Has anyone got a fix for the main problem i.e. the printing problem when TFTP is running but I would like to have the latest version available to use when required.

Regards

Jim

• Re: TFTP Server and Formscape
          chris.lapoint

Regarding the new version of TFTP Server, it requires .NET 2.0 or above which may be the reason for the error.  Can you check to see whether you have .NET installed on your W2003 machine?  If this is the issue, would you mind posting the exact error message?   I'd like to ensure that if this is unclear that we get this fixed.

Hi Chris

As mentioned in direct email, dotnetfx is NOT installed on the server concerned. I will install ASAP and let you know if anything changes.

Here is the message received.....

---------------------------
              SolarWinds TFTP Server - InstallShield Wizard
              SolarWinds TFTP Server requires that your computer is running Windows 2000 SP4 or Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Windows Vista.
              OK  

This is followed by the Finish window when OKed and it says the install was interrupted and the system was not modified. If dotnetfx is the issue, it doesn't point you in that direction.

chris.lapoint
                  Jim, definitely let me know what happens after install of .NET.   If .NET is the issue, I agree the message is unclear and we'll need to get this fixed.   Just one other check, are you trying to install on a 64-bit Windows 2003?

Hi Chris,

It looks like the message was appropriate as I have installed dotnetfx albeit V2 and the same message fires up. I have spoken to our network administrator here and although we update the W2003 server s/w regularly, we have not installed SP1 as such. That looks like it could be the reason.

Re the original reason for the message, do you have any update on that as I am stuck at the moment with no other appropriate server to move this to yet but it is causing the Formscape print problems when it runs. I would like to run it continuously as with it switched off, any Avaya phone s/w updates cannot be applied.

Regards

Jim