This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NetFlowSerice error

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? 

Exception: error occurred during packet processing. Transaction (Process ID 64) was deadlocked on {lock} resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. Duplicate key was ignored.

•  Good question.  I get this, too.  -Debbi

• Support mention that this was fixed with NTA2.2 hotfix 4 (file date: 10/10/2007). 

However, I'm hesitant in applying this hotfix since previous hotfixes have cause the website to go down.  Wonder if there's a way to roll back the hotfix in event there are issues.

Anyone run into any problems with this hotfix 4?

Thanks!

• We are not aware of any issues with applying hotfix4.  However, I do not think anything was done in hotfix 4 to resolve this particular issue.

Also, if you ever do need to rollback a hotfix you go to Add/Remove Programs and choose to Change NTA, then select the Repair option.  That will return you to pre-hotfix state.

• Actually, according to support, this problem was solved with Netflow hotfix3.  Suggest that I download the hotfix and install it. When I download the hotfix from the website, it's actually hotfix 4 and not hotfix 3.  Does hotfix 4 address all the issues from the previous hot fixes?  Or would I need to locate hotfix 3 and reapply it?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Scorpio

Hotfix 4 is cumulative.  It includes everything in Hotfix 3.

• hotfix 4 did not resolve the error as mention by David.

• Support suggest upgrading to the new version of Netflow 2.2.1

Anyone encounter problem with this release of NetFlow?  Seem like it's a release candidate, thus I have some concern about it before applying the update to a production system.  Previous update have cause Orion website to go down...

•  Installed NetFlow 2.2.1, but still having error.  Any suggestions?

Exception: error occurred during packet processing. Transaction (Process ID 90) was deadlocked on {lock} resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Duplicate key was ignored.

• Any one have suggestions?  It's been about a week....  The system seem to take much longer to log in too.  Takes about 15 secs. for the system to log user in.  Previous version didn't take that long at all....

Thanks!

• No one seems to know what is an acceptable level of these messages.  I get the following:

Exception: error occurred during packet processing. Transaction (Process ID 56) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
    Transaction (Process ID 56) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
    Transaction (Process ID 56) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
    Transaction (Process ID 56) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction....

(this repeats about 25 more times for this one Event log entry)

There are maybe 8-15 entries a day, each containing one or more "deadlock" messages with different process IDs.  Sometimes they are during SQL backup times in the middle of the night, but an equal number occur in the middle of the day.

I would like to get a sense of why this happens and also if this is an acceptable level to see.  My db stays at about 25 gig.

I have the current versions of Orion and netflow and current service packs.  Logins and displays seem to take the usual time, maybe ten seconds to log in after not having done so for a while, and less time to display results.

Debbi