This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Missing interface description in netflow 2.2

Case #17877

Why has this issue not been fixed?

Netflow is now almost useless for us since upgrading to Netflow 2.2

Please, someone fix this ASAP.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

It's a known issue.  We're working on it. 

• Denny,

So I get an email from James:" This case is still open and development is looking a possibly correcting it in the next release 2.2.1of Netflow."What kind of support is this, maybe it will be fixed?Why am I having to wait forever for this to be fixed when this feature was in all the previous versions of Netfow?Bruce 

•  Bruce-

There is a Hotfix 3 for NTA 2.2 that addresses your issue due out ASAP. I'll contact support and see if they can get you a pre-release-

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bbusbey

Denny,

So I get an email from James:" This case is still open and development is looking a possibly correcting it in the next release 2.2.1of Netflow."What kind of support is this, maybe it will be fixed?Why am I having to wait forever for this to be fixed when this feature was in all the previous versions of Netfow?Bruce 

Are you upset over the use of the word "possibly"?  That was just a mis-statement among the dozens of emails James sends every day.  I'm sorry you feel that the wait is overly long. It's certainly not intentional.

The feature was inadvertently dropped during the migration of the website.  We rewrote the website so that we could disentangle Orion and the modules.  To meet customers needs, we need to be able to ship modules without shipping Orion.  During that migration, a few things--like the interface caption--were overlooked. 

The bug reported bout two weeks ago.  We fixed it, and we're testing the hotfix with a few customers.  It should be available tomorrow, but Mark is going to try to get it to you sooner.