4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2007 9:17 AM by chris.lapoint

Thanks for all your feedback and help thus far!   Beta1 build coming soon...

chris.lapoint

Thanks for all your feedback and help thus far!   We're shooting for early-mid October for our first beta build, which will resolve many of the issues reported in the CTP as well as add new charts and gauges for you to test...so stay tuned.

While I have your attention, I'd like to solicit any high-level feedback you have on the direction we're taking APM.  For example, is what you saw in the CTP build meeting your expectations?   Do you have any issues with the new application and application template paradigm?  Is there any core functionality that we're missing that you couldn't see us shipping without?

• Re: Thanks for all your feedback and help thus far!   Beta1 build coming soon...

I understand the WMI support is currently quite basic and I assume will be improved over time?

However, something which I feel you need even at the level of support you have is some way of validating that the credentials that I supply are correct. Also, if a WMI monitor comes back as down give a reason why if it is known (i.e credentials are wrong).

• Re: Thanks for all your feedback and help thus far!   Beta1 build coming soon...
              chris.lapoint

I understand the WMI support is currently quite basic and I assume will be improved over time?

Yes, WMI support will definitely be improved over time.  The first step was to get the WMI infrastructure in place and develop a single monitor type (WMI-based process monitor).  The next step will be too look at leveraging WMI for monitoring health of applications like Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, etc.

However, something which I feel you need even at the level of support you have is some way of validating that the credentials that I supply are correct. Also, if a WMI monitor comes back as down give a reason why if it is known (i.e credentials are wrong).

I absolutely agree.  We hope to work through many of these types of usability issues before we release.  Please keep the feedback coming! ;-)