4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2007 8:41 AM by denny.lecompte

Group Netflow Sources

We have been adding more and more netflow sources.  As a result, in the web interface, when I click on "Netflow Traffic Analysis" I have it using the "Netflow Traffic Analysis Summary" view that's available by default, which lists all the Netflow Sources.  The issue I have is it's become quite the long list, I would really like to have them grouped by location, Iike I was able to do on the main Orion web interface by creating a custom property and assigning a location and then creating a custom view on the web interface.  I don't see this option available for the Netflow Nodes.  Please advise.

• Re: Group Netflow Sources
          denny.lecompte

In NTA 2.2, the NetFlow sources are automatically collapsed in a tree structure by node.  Would you want groups above and beyond that?

That would be sufficient.  How can I tell what version I'm running?  Anything special I need to do to upgrade?

When I tried to run the installer, it says to repair or remove as the only options....but I'm obviously at a different version.  There is also a "update.exe" in the zip download.  I tried that, but it says I need Orion 8.5 and I'm only at 8.1 (as there are a ton of bugs in 8.5).

Thoughts?

I actually just read that you need Orion version 8.5 for Netflow 2.2.   Do you have any idea when they will be releasing a Service Pack for 8.5 to address most of the issues....because until then, I can't find myself upgrading as I would just be shooting myself in the foot.

Thanks.

denny.lecompte

I actually just read that you need Orion version 8.5 for Netflow 2.2.   Do you have any idea when they will be releasing a Service Pack for 8.5 to address most of the issues....because until then, I can't find myself upgrading as I would just be shooting myself in the foot.

Thanks.

If you'd rather wait for 8.5.1, it'll be weeks, not months.  No more accurate ETA than that.