This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Poller data in Custom Report ?

I am trying to run a report based on the output of a CMP.  Anyone have any examples ?  I seem to be having a hard time trying to find out how to get the data into a report.  Running the latest ver.

Pretty basic output would be  Node Name - Location - Custom Poller Output.   

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks 

• It can be done within report writer.

Start > All Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting and Mapping > Report Writer

New > Current Status of Nodes, Interfaces, etc. + Ok.

See below screenshot for the rest. Think about using a filter in the Filter Results tab to only select one UnDP.

• That works, thanks for the help.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Yann

Yann,

This works only if reporting on one UnDP.  I can't get this to work with multiple UnDPs across a single row.  For example, what I would like to be able to do is have the report list all UnDPs on one line.

i.e.,  Nodename   Ip address   UnDP#1   UnDP#2   UnDP#3   UnDP#4

However, the result is 4 rows with each UnDP repeated 4 times.

Nodename   Ip address   UnDP#1   UnDP#1   UnDP#1   UnDP#1

Nodename   Ip address   UnDP#2   UnDP#2   UnDP#2   UnDP#2

Nodename   Ip address   UnDP#3   UnDP#3   UnDP#3   UnDP#3

Nodename   Ip address   UnDP#4   UnDP#4   UnDP#4   UnDP#4

I've attached an example output.  The poller names are shown only for the purpose of demonstrating the issue and are otherwise  normally "hidden".   If you have any ideas how I can get the report format the way I'd like please let me know.

I've opened Case #92577 - "Report anomally".

• I think that i ended up with the same problem. I am still working on the solution. if i find out how to make it work, I will post it here.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to r0berth1

Yes, please post if you get your solution working.  Thanks for your feedback r0berth1. 

• I just went through a similar situation and am happy to report that I now have a solution for this.

First, download this package:

This was uploaded by Mike Maher and was written by his company's DBA. All you have to do is edit his script to add the pollers you are interested in. I have mine set to pull all physical hardware information for HP servers, including CPU type, CPU speed, # of cores, # of Hard drives, RPM of Hard drives, size of hard drive, platform model, and Proliant Support Pack, and the report outputs in the desired format:

Server - Undp#1, UnDP#2, ... UnDP#n

I can upload my modified SQL query if you'd like.

• Hi, I've tried to use Mike Mahers SQL Report and edit it to give me Dell Model and Service Tag info on the same line as other node info.

However I just get blank fields for the custom poller info.

My SQL report code is shown below:

SELECT  N.VendorIcon,
            N.SysName,
            CPUType = ( SELECT TOP 1
                                CPSD.Status
                        FROM    CustomPollerAssignment CPA
                                INNER JOIN CustomPollers CP
                                    ON CPA.CustomPollerID = CP.CustomPollerID
                                       AND CP.UniqueName = 'DellchassisServiceTagName'
                                INNER JOIN CustomPollerStatistics_Detail CPSD
                                    ON CPA.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CPSD.CustomPollerAssignmentID
                        WHERE   CPA.NodeID = N.NodeID
                        ORDER BY CPSD.DATETIME DESC
                      ),
            CPUSpeed = ( SELECT TOP 1
                                CPSD.Status
                         FROM   CustomPollerAssignment CPA
                                       AND CP.UniqueName = 'DellchassisModelName'
                                INNER JOIN CustomPollerStatistics_Detail CPSD
                                    ON CPA.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CPSD.CustomPollerAssignmentID
                         WHERE  CPA.NodeID = N.NodeID
                         ORDER BY CPSD.DATETIME DESC
                       )
    FROM    Nodes N
    WHERE   NodeID IN ( SELECT  NodeID
                        FROM    CustomPollerAssignment CPA
                                       AND CP.UniqueName IN ( 'DellchassisServiceTagName', 'DellchassisModelName' ) )
    ORDER BY N.SysName ASC

Can anyone help me please? I'm not an SQL expert!

• Hi branfarm,

Unfortunately, I do also have the same issue and I hope you can give me some example about advance sql query. It would be very helpful if you can please send me a copy of your modified sql query.

Thanks - albert :)

• This is great, thanks!!

Do you know how to modify this statement so it can return multiple values?

CPUType = ( SELECT TOP 1

If I try like "SELECT TOP 5" it returns error "subquery returned more than 1 value. this is not permitted when the subquery..........."

Thanks,