3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2007 6:17 PM by daveh

I need to see all ports 2.2

daveh

Hi,

we have many applications that run on ports not defined by standards, and were unsure exactly what ports they use, we do know however what servers the apps are on. Knowing that your netflow 2.2 discards any netflow traffic not defined as a port I ran the script in a previous post which updated my "serviceports" table, I can verify that the table now has all ports, ones ceated using the script are called "port XXX".

but I don't think it works as when I search for say port 6 on the page "monitored application and service ports" it returns with only ports starting with 6, ie 61,62,63 etc. But port 6 is not there. Port 6 is in the table "serviceports" however and is marked as enabled.

Have I done something wrong, do I need to restart the server or something? this is vital I capture all port information.

thanks

Dave

• Re: I need to see all ports 2.2
          daveh

I've also noticed that the IP accounting on one of my routers is showing that a particular Pc has transferred over 1Mb of data over a period of 5 minutes to one server. But netflow shows that this PC only transferred 256KB over the same period of time, whats up with that?

denny.lecompte

I've also noticed that the IP accounting on one of my routers is showing that a particular Pc has transferred over 1Mb of data over a period of 5 minutes to one server. But netflow shows that this PC only transferred 256KB over the same period of time, whats up with that?

If you have unmonitored traffic, it won't show up. 

daveh

what does that mean "Umonitored Traffic"? I thought by running the script which updates the serviceports table that all ports were being monitored, in fact if I look at the web console on the page "Edit Application and Service Ports" it clearly states "62326 ports selected". But I don't think this is working, how can I make it work, this is completely vital to the way we operate as a business?

A lot rides on this evaluation, if it's successful then a purchase of the product will follow shortly as everything else in the product is great.

thanks

Dave