9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2007 9:25 AM by floyd.may

NTA 2.2 Module error

Don331

Hmmm... on 8.5 with Netflow 2.2, I can hit all the views and such, they all work great.

BUT, if I click the "Netflow Traffic Analysis" button on the MenuBar MODULES: line, I get this:

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.ViewManager.GetResourcesForView(ViewInfo view)
      at Orion_ResourceContainer.DataBind()
      at Orion_Netflow_Summary.OnInit(EventArgs e)
      at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Anyone seen this before I go bug support?

Thanks,

Don 

• Re: NTA 2.2 Module error
          denny.lecompte
          Don, try checking to see whether your NetFlow Summary view type is set to "Summary" instead of "NetFlow Summary".  That would cause the error you are seeing.

Don331

Denny,

I looked, and it set the same. Oddly enough, the Admin account works, and the dbarry account doesn't. I see one difference in the Views for Each Account screen..See attached!

Try setting the dbarry account to use the same view as the Admin account.  Also, verify in the DB that the ViewType field for the record with ViewTitle set to "NetFlow Traffic Analysis Summary" is set to "NetFlow Summary" instead of "Summary".
                      Don331

Bingo! <<Doing the Engineers Dance of Joy>>

In the Accounts table, the value of the NetFlowSummaryViewID was set to "-2" on the accounts that DIDN'T work, yet set to "46" on the good ones. Changing the row value to 46 fixed the issue.

Is there something specific to the value "-2" ? Sounds like the Universal KaBoom to me.

Thanks Floyd!! U da Man!!

You should still modify the record in the views table so that newly-created accounts won't have this issue.  The -2 value corresponds to "Default", which means, "find the first view of the specified type."  Since your DB doesn't have any views of type "NetFlow Summary", it gets the KaBoom (tm).

jflewis1021

I just upgrade to the new version and I get this same error. I tried to create a new account and I get the same issue. Is there a Hot fix for this issue??? Thanks

Jim

denny.lecompte

There is a hotfix for NTA 2.2, but I'm not sure if it will fix your issue:  NetFlow 2.2 Hotfix Rollup (includes Hotfixes 1-3) - October 4, 2007

Could you copy and paste the error you're seeing? 

jflewis1021

Here is the screen that does not show any option other than none or default.

http://nhc0mn05/Orion/Admin/EditAccount.aspx?AccountID=goodrich/jim.f.lewis#

goodrich\jim.f.lewis's NetFlow Traffic Analysis Settings

NetFlow Traffic Analysis ViewThis view is used when NetFlow Summary are displayed.
                                  NetFlow Node DetailsExpandThis view is used when details about a single NetFlow Node are displayed.
                                  NetFlow Application DetailsThis view is used when details about a single NetFlow Application are displayed.
                                  NetFlow Interface DetailsThis view is used when details about a single NetFlow Interface are displayed.
                                  NetFlow ConversationThis view is used when details about a conversation displayed.
                                  NetFlow CountryThis view is used when details about a country displayed.
                                  NetFlow DomainThis view is used when details about a domain displayed.
                                  NetFlow EndpointThis view is used when details about an endpoint displayed.
                                  NetFlow IPAddressGroupThis view is used when details about a IP Address Group displayed.
                                  NetFlow ProtocolThis view is used when details about a protocol displayed.
                                  NetFlow Type of Service

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.ViewManager.GetResourcesForView(ViewInfo view)   at Orion_ResourceContainer.DataBind()   at Orion_Netflow_Summary.OnInit(EventArgs e)   at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

This view is used when details about a type of service