This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What time period to you usually view?

FormerMember
FormerMember

By default, NTA shows you the last 15 minutes.  Is that a good default?  Do you usually want to see the last 15 minutes, or is that last hour more interesting?  Or Today (time since midnight)?  Or the last 24 hours?

[Poll] 

• To tell the truth, I'd really like to set the default time period myself.  When I am watching a new service roll out, or monitoring for network hogs, I'm probably going to want to use 5 minutes because I'm sitting in front of it.  But when no one is actually attending the SW platform, I'd like to set it to "since X:XX" (probably 7:00 AM) to develop a baseline for a typical day.  For our organization, time since midnight is largely uninteresting until employees arrive in the morning.

We're currently evaluating NTA, and I'll be interested to see what's in the new release!

-netmom

• The Network Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Node Details and Interface Details views include the ability to easily adjust the time frame you are viewing by clicking the drop-down in the upper left-hand corner of the view.  You have several options including Last X Time and Absolute time frames.

• Thanks, Haley.

The issue is that this doesn't change the default, so when the session times out or is used for something else in Orion, the interval is reset to 15 minutes.  I don't see a place in the account configuration for this, so consider it a cheerful feature enhancement!  And if this is different in the beta, forget I said anything.  I'm running the 2.2 eval.

Thanks again!

• Ahh..that is currently not available in NetFlow.  Unfortunately, this is not currently available in the beta.  We are evaluating it as a feature after the upcoming release. 

• I would like to see in netflow and orion 2 hours and 2 weeks.

•  FYI, the default NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) summary view timeframe will be Last 2 Hours for the next release.