2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2007 10:37 AM by jtimes

Custom Property Editor - Feature Request

rangertdc

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but it sure would be cool if you could do it.  I know our Orion database has gotten to the point where we have added a lot of custom properties for reporting, alerting, and custom views.  It gets to be a serious pain to try and modify things when you have to scroll WAY over through a bunch of properties you don't care about at the time to try and make sure you're editing the right property for the right device.  Now I know you can re-order the columns, but it would be *awesome* if there was a way to select which custom property fields are displayed and which are not. 

• Re: Custom Property Editor - Feature Request
          chris.schear

Correction.

You cannot re-order the columns.  Sure, you can move them around while you're presently within the Custom Property Editor, but when you exit, those changes do not retain.  Once you go back into the Custom Property editor, the original order is restored.

• Re: Custom Property Editor - Feature Request
              jtimes

Correction.

You cannot re-order the columns.  Sure, you can move them around while you're presently within the Custom Property Editor, but when you exit, those changes do not retain.  Once you go back into the Custom Property editor, the original order is restored.

Yeah, but it would be "cool" if when you re-arrange the custom property list one time, it sticks in that order every time you open the node, interface, and volume custom properties...  I don't think a built-in"filter" as in the original post would work because of the dynamic nature of custom properties...