This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Black Box

Today when I was using NTA, I drilled down to the server IP address that I wanted specific information for and I was presented with black boxes where the pie charts should be. Any idea why?

If that wasn't bad enough, as you can see above the "Total Bytes" information is bogus too. Maybe this is related somehow.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

We haven't seen that before.  Do you know the steps to reproduce?   

• Sorry for the rush job on the posting. It was a very late night and I just wanted to post my findings while it was still fresh in my mind. Here is my system configuration.

Orion Server
    Windows Server 2003 SP2
    Orion 8.1 All Hotfixes
    NTA 2.1 All Hotfixes

DB Server
    Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 64Bit
    SQL Server 2005 64Bit

NetFlow Source
    Cisco Catalyst 6500
    IOS 12.2(18)SXF7

Reproducing the "Black Box" in my environment is pretty straight forward. I open Orion in my browser and click on "Netflow Traffic Analysis". From there I enter an IP address in "Search for NetFlow Endpoint" and click "Search". The final search result has several of these black boxes where pie charts should be.

Now I should have been clear in my first posting but this is not happening to all IPs that I search for in NTA but it's consistently at least one node that I've been attempting to monitor.

Denny, I PM'd you a Camtasia video so you could see for yourself.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to aLTeReGo

I've opened a bug.  I'll reference your video so that we can try to reproduce in house.  Thanks! 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Can you reproduce and save the page as an .mht and send that?  I'll attach that to the bug. 

• That's a great idea. The problem is when I open the .mht file in Internet Explorer I don't see any information, just the "Loading.... " boxes.