5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2007 2:41 PM by mark wiggans

Version 9.0.1 Install Problem

I am having problems installing the V9.0.1 Engineer's Toolset.  At the end of the install I get an error message indicating that the SNMPV7.dll has failed to register and whenever I try to register it manually using the regsrvr32 utility it also fails.  Trying to run the IP Network Browser tool fails and it returns an error message that the activeX object could not be created.  Has any one else encountered this problem and what did you do to fix it?  Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

James

• Re: Version 9.0.1 Install Problem
          mark wiggans

Is this an install from v 8 to 9.0.1?

Yes......and no.  I had 8.0 installed originally and tried to do an upgrade to 9.0.  I had several failed modules after the upgrade and SolarWinds Support suggested I wait for 9.0.1 to come out because it would fix all the issues......so I uninstalled 9 and reinstalled 8.  9.0.1 came out and I tried the upgrade again.  Everything seemed to go ok except the registering of SNMPV7.dll.  I uninstalled V9.0.1 and did a reinstall (without putting V8 back first) and still had the problem.  bottom line.......whether V8 was there or not prior to the upgrade I get the same failure.

James

mark wiggans

Might have
                  a possible resolution for you here. To clear this issue, re-install version 8
                  then uninstall it again. This time when it asks you do you want to remove
                  unused files, click no. Once the uninstall is completed, install version 9. Let
                  me know this helps.

Okay........I reinstalled 8 again and verified that it was working.  I then uninstalled it and responded with "no" when it asked whether I wanted to remove unused files.  I then installed 9.0.1 again and had exactly the same results..........SNMPv7.dll failed to register.......failed when attempting to register it manually........and the IP Network Browser returns a 429 run-time error whenever I try to launch it.  So basically......nothing changed.

James