1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2007 4:55 PM by denny.lecompte

NetFlow 2.1 Features

Ten48

I've used other NetFlow collectors and analyzers and I feel like I'm missing some features with Solarwinds' NTA; or maybe I just don't know where to look for them.

Something that was useful in others was the ability to see source and destination for inbound and outbound traffic.  NTA only seems to show me "endpoints", but I don't know if the endpoint was the source or destination of the packet, nor do I know which direction the packet was heading. 

Also, I'd like to be able to see a graph over time of all the pie chart windows.  For example, I can see what the distribution of applications is over the last 15 minutes, but I'd like to be able to see what was for the week, or last week, or last month.  Or for a particular IP address, the same stuff.

I'm missing something or is this functionality not there yet in NTA?

Thanks!

• Re: NetFlow 2.1 Features
          denny.lecompte

To get the info you're looking for, click on the Endpoint, which gives you the Endpoint Details view.  One of the resources is the Top 25 Conversations.  Click on any of the conversations. You'll then get to the Conversation View which includes the Conversation Traffic History, which shows all conversations with an arrow to indication directionality. 

The graph over time is something we're working on for the next release.