This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Has anyone combined a ticket field with a node name and status field.....

Has anyone combined a ticket field with a node name and status field so that a down staus node can have OPS input a ticket number and have that reflected in network summary for all to see?

Such as the figment below ......

-Ron

• Wow.  What an awesome idea.  I've love to know if it is possible.

• Well... Kinda...

We have a report which shows all nodes that are currently unreachable, and a custom property text field which can be edited by our Ops folks from the Node Details view. This report is included as a resource on the "Home" summary view, and can include ticket numbers, or any other pertinent info. We also created one for interface events, which currently applies to interfaces that are “Down” or “Unknown”, and also interfaces where the average number of receive errors for the last hour exceeds a certain threshold. Is that kinda what you're looking for?

Vic

• I believe that's close to what I'm looking for.   Does the resource on the home page correlate with a down node or is it all together a seperate information field? 

Thanks

Ron

• I've done something similar - I added a Comments field which can be updated from the Node Details page.
    These comments get displayed in the Nodes Down property at the top of the Home page.

Here is the code to add this field to the Down Nodes resource here:

C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\NetPerfMon\Resources\1-1-SummaryReports\DownNodes.resource:

%>

<table border="0" cellPadding="2" cellSpacing="0" width="100%">

<tr>
            <td class="ReportHeader" vAlign="center" width="20">Node</td>
            <td class="ReportHeader" vAlign="center"> </td>
            <td class="ReportHeader" vAlign="center">Comments</td>
            <td class="ReportHeader" vAlign="center"> </td>
        </tr>

<%    Do While Not SQLResource.EOF    %>
    <tr>
        <td class="Property" vAlign="center" width="20"><%=SQLResource.GetProperty("StatusLED;SmallIcon")%> 
    </td>
        <td class="Property"><a <%=SQLResource.GetProperty("NodeParamString")%>  href="")%>"><%=SQLResource.GetProperty("Caption")%></a>">thwack.solarwinds.com/.../View.asp </td>

<td class="Property"><a href="")%>"><%=SQLResource.GetProperty("Comments")%></a>">thwack.solarwinds.com/.../View.asp </td>

</tr>

<%        

This is what it looks like:

• The report includes a status icon, the node name, and the text associated with the custom property. I'm trying to attach a zip file to this message which should have everything you need to make this happen, if you so choose. Within the zip file, you will find a snapshot of what it looks like on the web, a copy of the actual Report Writer file, and a doc file which gives a little more detailed explanation of how it works. Now, let's see if I can attach it... emoticons_happy.png
  • Extremely useful information Vic!  Thank you for the detail and time in your response!

• Bingo Guru!  Much thanks to you and Vic!   

• My teams will be very happy to see they can finally update the web......THANKS MUCH!!!

•  Wow - now that's a detailed writeup - nice work Vic!

I would be interested in the code you used to add comments to interfaces as well.
    Could you post that as well?

-=Thanks=-