This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Problem after upgrade from 8 to 9

When I try to launch Network Performance Monitor it will not start with the following message.

"Cannot load chart scales from C:\Program Files\Solarwinds\Engineer's Toolset\Scaling.cfg. This file must exist in order for Network Performance Monitor to operate. Object variable or With block variable not set"

Scaling.cfg is there in the proper location.

• Not to sound cliché' but have you tried to reinstall and see if there was a registration problem with that cfg file? Are you having any success with the other tools? What OS are you using?

• I too am having the same problem as the original poster.  We have tried reinstalling (no problems that we can see with the cfg file during the installation) on our Windows Server 2003 system.  Some components (such as Bandwidth Gauges, Real Time Interface Monitor, & IP Address Management) do work, but others (like IP Network Browser, and DNS & Who Is Resolver) do not work after the upgrade.

• coa...did you perform the installation for ver 9 remotely?  We installed remotely via VNC 4 & I was just wondering if that might be a common factor for us...
  • If Scaling.cfg exists in the location that is specified in the error message, the problem is likely related to the Microsoft XML parser version 3.  Try the following:

• Search your hard drive for the file msxml3.dll.  It should be located in the \windows\system32 directory. 
    • Run this command from the directory where msxml3.dll is located:     regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    • Restart Network Performance Monitor

Let me know if this works.