This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IP Address mgmt - removing old entries

FormerMember
FormerMember

We use the IP address managment program to monitor our numerous IP subnets. We've always loved this program but have had one little issue that hasn't been addressed yet. Hopefully its in the works. :)

It does a wonderful job of identifying devices. It does a miserable job of removing them! I'd like to see a way of purging out of the database records older than "x" days. I've got entires in there that are listed as "used" and count as a "used" address that haven't been heard from in over 700+ days!

Any one got a fix for that before Solarwinds builds that function into the program? We're monitoring about 150 subnets with it and we're not going to manually go through each one. I'm not a Access/DB person either. :(

Thanks.

• Well,

What I did was go into Access and  look for the column called "Last Response" and I sort this in ascending or descending order and delete the rows that is older than x date, it was a simple select and delete like in a excel spreadsheet. I am using Access 2007 to do this.

Mobius