This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow 2.0 with External Web Server

Just a little warning for those wanting to use Netflow 2.0 and have the standalone web server like we do. 2.0 is not compatable with the standalone web application. As of now, you must use the web server on the server you install Orion/Netflow. A fix is currently in the works.

Now, having said that, It really is a *major* improvement over the old version. It is actually quick and responsive to me. So much so, we went back to using the web server on our orion box instead of the standalone we bought. When they fix the standalone, we will use it again, but there were to many improvements to ignore.

But I am sure that I am not the only one with a standalone web server, so you must make a choice there. Honestly, 2.0 is night and day better. Really happy with the changes made. The page loading even on the original orion is better as well.

Marks
  • I cannot get the web site to load correctly at all on my orion box. I am working with support, but cannot get my Admin bar to show netflow options.

Any suggestions?
  • quote:Originally posted by stanleyjacobs

I cannot get the web site to load correctly at all on my orion box. I am working with support, but cannot get my Admin bar to show netflow options.

Any suggestions?

Only thing I remember is you have to copy your web site from orion to your new web server box.

*This assumes you have the standalone website* (purchased seperately)

When you install Netflow 1.x, it will install on your Orion NPM server unless you have Netflow standalone. It will update the website that is installed on your Orion NPM box. You must copy the website directory on the NPM box to the stand alone box. That took care of my issues with Netflow 1.x.

If you have your website on your NPM box, then that will not help you. I have had to do this everytime I update any solarwinds product. Let it update the NPM website, then I copy the folder to the standalone website. Unfortunately, Netflow 2.0 updates more than what that will take care of and I have to wait on a patch that they are working on.

Marks
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to stanleyjacobs
    This feature is slotted for 2.1.

Denny LeCompte
    Sr. Product Manager, Orion
    SolarWinds