This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Does Serv-U support HTTP Basic Authentication?

I run scheduled scripts from a Linux box that need to upload files to our Serv-U instance using a command line tool like wget or curl. Before Serv-U, I would configure our Apache web server to enable HTTP Basic Authentication with a username and password and then I would use those in my script to upload or download files from Apache. I'm trying to achieve the same results with Serv-U.

Does Serv-U support HTTP Basic Authentication? If so, how do I turn this feature on?

Thanks

• Hi Dany, I think I understand the requirement. Serv-U does not support directly linking to files through HTTP or HTTPS, nor does it provide HTTP Basic Authentication access to the interface. All authentication is processed directly through Serv-U rather than it being like a web server serving files from a file structure accessible by URL.

Hope that makes sense!