This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMAN reports export to CSV or Excel

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I've created a report that displays some general VM details and when setting up its schedule, to email me once a month, it says that this report can not be exported as a CSV or an Excel file unless it's a custom resource or the deprecated Report Writer is used. I'm not clear what it means by custom table resources (unless it's speaking directly to custom tables in the database?) and regarding the Report Writer, I don't see any options to generate reports for VM level details. Is there any way around this? It seems incredibly silly to me that his is even an issue.

pastedImage_0.png

• To follow up on this, I was able to get the option to export the report as an Excel file if I build the report using a Custom Table Resource and I go to the report URL. Also, when the report runs I get the following error in the email that's sent. Does this indicate it's trying to attach the report as an exported CSV or Excel file to the email and it's failing? The URL is reachable and takes me right to the report.

pastedImage_0.png