This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

3COM Switch events not populating

Hello,

First post here. I have setup a 3Com Baseline Switch 2928-SFP Plus to send logs to my SEM appliance.

I know it is sending because I've SSH'ed into the appliance, viewed the local log and I see raw data there.

I have my connector setup for 3Com switch, log file "/var/log/local7.log" where I saw the raw data and output set to RAW + Normalized so I see everything not just the normalized data.

I go to non-agent nodes, I get nothing.

I try to add Syslog nodes based on the switch's IP, but no nodes found.

When I click on the "i" icon to the right of my connector it says "Gathers events from the following 3com switches: 4400, 4500, 4500G, 4800G, 5500, 5500G, 7750, 8800, S7900E." So am I to understand my switch is not supported?

Any ideas... anyone?

• Hi,

The listing shows devices that we know have the same log format for this connector.  Many times they have the same OS on these devices that log things in the same way.

Based on what you are saying it sounds like the format is not the same format as the others.  Your best bet would be to open up a support case and they can take a look.