This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Web help desk multisite deployment

Team,

I want to deploy web help desk tool in multiple site.

1- Main office

5- remote site.

Requirement is to get all the data from remote sites to main site to have complete inventory at main office and able to assign and transfer asset from one site to another site. Can it be done this way..?

• 1. Are you wanting to run a separate web help desk instance per site each with their own seaprate DB and having all of the asset information sent up to a main office instance to keep the sites silo'd so they can't see what is going on in the other sites

This can probably be done with some use of the API, I don't think it is a built in feature.

2. Are you just looking to see if a single web help desk instance can be setup to cover multiple sites with asset tracking per site.

This can be done using locations.

3. Are you looking for separate instances to run at each site with a main instance back end at the office that all work from the same DB just to handle the email and DB interactions while the others handle the load of the UI?

This can be done by changing the daemon mode of the instances.  Success Center

Having a little more explanation of if you really want multiple instance and the inter-connectivity/visibility or limitation of visibility between them would help.  Or are you wanting one WHD instance that can just separate by location/company?

• Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much.

I am looking to have separate DB at each site for

Local inventory and database and main database at office where all the sites data can replicate, so main site always have up to dated information.

• I believe in that scenario you would have to write something that is either API based code or code that manages that directly in the DBs.  The multi-location deployment setup for WHD isn't like Solarwind's EOC solution with the Orion product which is closer to what you are looking to do.