This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node triggered a down alert but node was up

I'm looking to figure out why an alert was triggered on a node stating that the node was down but the node was up.  It's a Windows server and we polled this node via WMI and ICMP.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

• I just started looking for answers to this same question. I'm new to SolarWinds. We have a number of nodes in our environment triggering this alert. I'm able to ping the device in question from the polling engine, which is strange because failure of ICMP is supposed to be how this alert is triggered. I'll circle back here if I find some useful information.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

We have had similar issues in the past.  I found that resetting the performance counters solved the problem.  Use an elevated command prompt, cd to windows\system32 and issue a lodctr /R command.  Do the same in window\syswow64.  Next, issue a WINMGMT.EXE /RESYNCPERF command, then reboot.