This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exchange 2016 Template Monitors

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can clarify a few points for me on Exchange Server templates for SAM.

I'm running SAM 6.7 and out of the box get a bunch of Exchange templates for various versions. I also get an AppInsight for Exchange.

In Exchange 2016 there are two roles and so ideally I want a template for each server type.

- Mailbox Server Role

- Edge Transport Server Role

In SAM 6.7 I only get an Exchange 2016 Client Access Role and Hub Transport Role templates, neither of which sit with the above.

The AppInsight template has tags for Exchange 2010 and 2013, but not for 2016 or above, so I'm not sure if it's compatible with 2016?

I'm struggling to understand if I'd need to deploy the AppInsight template by itself, or in addition to another Exchange template? I've found a detailed 2016 mailbox server template but that has over 100 monitors on, which I think it too much for our needs. Would I just be better off applying the AppInsight one and then any additional monitors I want as extra?

Thanks in advance!