This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Load additional LDAP attributes

is there a way to load additional attribute for a computer-ressource?

i found this article

Load additional LDAP attributes

but if i use the Example with a computer attribute. in the ARM Configuration  - Active Directory it will show the Attribute in the "Users - Tab" and not the "Computers -Tab"

how i can change this?

• ARM by default assumes that an attribute will be loaded for users (which is the common case).

To make an attribute available for other classes than User, add the following to each desired attribute:

<ApplicableObjectClasses type="System.String">User,Computer,Group</ApplicableObjectClasses>

Note: you have to insert every class you want this attribute to be available. If a class is not added, the attribute won't show up for them.

Example:

<changeConfiguration>
        <activeDirectory>
            <PropertiesToLoad type="System.String">extensionattribute8</PropertiesToLoad>
            <PropertiesDetails>
                <extensionattribute8>
                    <AliasDisplayName type="System.String">Area of expertise</AliasDisplayName>
                    <ApplicableObjectClasses type="System.String">User,Group</ApplicableObjectClasses>
                </extensionattribute8>
            </PropertiesDetails>
        </activeDirectory>
    </changeConfiguration>

This would make the extensionattribute8 available for users and groups.

• Just what I was looking for. And it worked perfectly, thank you.