This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM subnet manual scan

Hi all,

I have a question regarding IPAM manual scan. Whenever I click the scan button the scan gets scheduled to run at a certain time, usually three or four hours after the scan button was clicked. My question is, is that a normal behavior or should it run immediately after I click the scan button?

IPAM scan.jpg

IPAM scan 1.jpg

• Mine go to "queued" and is listed as a manual scan, but then I almost always have threads running so it has to wait. As soon as a scan stops, it scans the subnet and completes very quickly. Typically its a minute between when I hit it and when it completes (but a larger subnet will take longer).

Is it possible that it simply ran so fast you missed it? What does the current log in c:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\IPAM\Jobs say? You might have an entry for that subnet already there to validate that it ran. If it does take that long to get a "scan now" to happen, you may need more scans running. If you have the resources take an article that show how to increase it at: Success Center