This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Disk Threshold Alert - why are these not the same?

I am working on a Disk Threshold Alert, but the one at Alerting on Volume Thresholds only meets part of my goal.  We have some volumes that are so large, even with threshold set at 99%, there is still enough space that we do not want an alert at that time.  I would like to trigger on whether it is lower than the Critical disk threshold, but only if there is less than 3 G free.  I have created an SWQL query for what I would like to see happen, but when I recreate the query as trigger actions on an alert, it does not return the same results of which Items to trigger on.  I am also attaching a screenshot of my Trigger Actions page.  Can anyone tell me why the SWQL query returns 0 results, but the Trigger Actions says that it is going to alert on 3 nodes.  The only clue that I have is that the 3 nodes that it triggers the alert on have less than 3G free but they are not above the 95% threshold..

--  SWQL Query --

select n.Caption

, (v.volumeSize / 1000000000) as TotalSizeInGB

, (v.VolumeSpaceAvailable / 1000000000) as GigaBytesAvailable

, v.VolumePercentUsed

, vcp.CriticalThreshold

, vcp.WarningThreshold

, vcp.volume.VolumeType

, vcp.Volume.NodeID

, vcp.volume.DisplayName

, (v.VolumeSpaceAvailable / 1000000) as MegaBytesAvailable

, (v.VolumeSpaceAvailable / 1000 ) as KiloBytesAvailable