2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2019 8:25 AM by klevans8907

Linux Service Status Monitoring

klevans8907

Hello all,

I am looking to monitor some application specific services on some REHL7 servers and I know absolutely nothing about Linux, or scripting for that matter. I'm the sole SolarWinds admin for my organization, so I don't have anyone to lean on for this kind of thing. I've tried to do some research on here and google, but I'm so lost. I'm needing to use SAM to monitor the following service statuses, but I can't figure out how to build a template for these since they're on Linux. I have a few servers that they would be monitored on, so if I can build a template for it, that would be best. Can anyone help please?

Service needing to be monitored:

tomcat
      msssdb
      activemq
        • Re: Linux Service Status Monitoring
          serena

klevans8907  wrote:

Hello all,

I am looking to monitor some application specific services on some REHL7 servers and I know absolutely nothing about Linux, or scripting for that matter. I'm the sole SolarWinds admin for my organization, so I don't have anyone to lean on for this kind of thing. I've tried to do some research on here and google, but I'm so lost. I'm needing to use SAM to monitor the following service statuses, but I can't figure out how to build a template for these since they're on Linux. I have a few servers that they would be monitored on, so if I can build a template for it, that would be best. Can anyone help please?

Service needing to be monitored:

tomcat
          msssdb
          activemq

Hi Kristen,

Have you tried working with the OOTB tomcat template that we have documented as a starter? Apache template