This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Config Change Template: Raise/Define Error

I'm building a config change template that will look at a custom variable of nodes (Region) and alter a subnet and mask based on that variable. The logic will be if region = US, subnet = x.x.x.x, elseif region = MEX, subnet = y.y.y.y, etc etc. At the end I have an else statement to catch blank or incorrect regions that does nothing in which the variables are not defined.

NCM will begin to attempt this script on the node, but ultimately fail because the variable is not defined. However, in the "Transfer Status" tab under the "Status/Details" column, it shows "Complete." I want to know if there's a way to make this show as failed and possibly give it a "Suggested action."

With thousands of nodes, checking each of them is not an option. I need it to say something other than "Complete," but having a suggested action isn't necessarily needed. From that test example, the following is a partial screenshot of "Show script results" showing that the variable is not defined:

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks Everyone! This community has been a great resource for me in learning how to use NCM and it's features.