This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ARM Configurator permanently crashing when configuring Exchange Scan

Hi Guys,

with 9.2.805.1 starting my ARM Configurator is always crashing when i try to add or modify the exchange scan configuration. It says ArgumentNullException and closes the application.

Someone else is expiriencing this behavior? Still with the new version 2019.4 i have this problem. Sometimes i get enough time to do all the configuration and the other day it crashes directly.

I have this behavior with different ARM installtions (OS: 2012r2 and 2016).

And i have this with the local installed config app and when i open it over the share from a client.

Best regards,

Florian

• Hi Florian,

there should be something in the logfiles in %ProgramData%\protected-networks.com\8MAN\log, probably the app8man logfiles since this seems to be a UI crash.

Probably best would be to contact customer support with this issue and sending them the logfiles, they can usually help you the best when it comes to crashes of the application.

Cheers

Björn

• Hi Björn,

thanks for your answer. Found the log with the error, but it is a little bit meaningless.

[  396|ARM |appConfig   |4348.1|  1|pn.appConfig.AppConfigApplication   |191204|11:08:32.922|Error  ] VampirApplication.applicationPanic(Object sender, Exception ex): System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.

--BEGIN-OF-EXCEPTION------------------------------------------------------------

System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.

Parametername: item

But it didn't say which argument shouldn't be NULL emoticons_wink.png I can share for sure the complete log, after this error message there follows a lot of Exceptions. But meaningless too. Maybe you have some Idea?

Best regards,

Florian

• Hi Florian,

yeah, that error message is not saying much. Could be a subsequent error of a different one.

I would not recommend sharing the logfile here. There could be data in it that shouldn't be posted publicly.

Just open a ticket with SolarWinds, they should be able to help you.

Cheers

Björn