This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

2019.4 broke our Linux SAM

We upgraded to 2019.4 and it broke SAM on our Linux hosts.  We raised a case with support and it took escalating it with Solarwinds Account Manager to get any traction.

Long story short after a week we are still no further forward and we have no SAM for our Linux clients as 2019.4 broke the SAM plugin.

We have been advised it has been escalated to the developers and it was suggested we may want to increase our support package with Solarwinds to get a faster response.

We very rarely contact Solarwinds support, but when we do we are told we should consider paying more money to get a better SLA is a real kick in the teeth.  Why should be even contemplate paying a cent more when we are still left with a broken with a system for over a week.

Our renewal is due in May 2020 so we are seriously considering moving to PRTG.

• any initial troubleshooting is done ?

• We have collected numerous logs and have remote support sessions.

Yesterday we had a reply from support to advise that "...we got more cases related to the same behavior so it could be a bug with some Linux Agent plugin."

So it appears that there is a bug and its broke our monitoring.

• thanks for the update.. We have 2-3 new configurations coming in so have to be careful and will keep an eye on this thread...

•   wrote:

We upgraded to 2019.4 and it broke SAM on our Linux hosts.  We raised a case with support and it took escalating it with Solarwinds Account Manager to get any traction.

Long story short after a week we are still no further forward and we have no SAM for our Linux clients as 2019.4 broke the SAM plugin.

We have been advised it has been escalated to the developers and it was suggested we may want to increase our support package with Solarwinds to get a faster response.

We very rarely contact Solarwinds support, but when we do we are told we should consider paying more money to get a better SLA is a real kick in the teeth.  Why should be even contemplate paying a cent more when we are still left with a broken with a system for over a week.

Our renewal is due in May 2020 so we are seriously considering moving to PRTG.

Hi Adrian, do you have your support case number?

• I have opened Case # 00456948 with the same Issue regarding Linux SAM not working after 2019.4 upgrade.

• Support got back to me with the following:

1.  Stop Orion Module Engine on the Orion machine (Main Poller)

2.  Remove and backup all SharedPythonLibs apkg files from \Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\AgentManagement\Plugins that have version older than 2019.4 (you can also remove older PythonPrerequisite than 3.7)

3.  Start Orion Module engine again

I can tell you that I had to perform this on my Additional Pollers as well, and the issue resolved itself with no intervention required by my Linux admins,