This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Complex Alert

I have an application that runs on 3 servers with a load-balancer in front.  I've set up monitors on these servers to indicate when the application is running (Status normal), sealed (Status warning), or down (Status critical).

Now I want to set up a couple of Alerts for this application.  I want the first, warning-type Alert to trigger if one or two of the applications are sealed or down.  However, if all 3 of the applications go down, I want the warning-type Alert to be quiescent (or even resolve if it's triggered) and a separate, critical-type Alert to trigger.

Given these requirements I figured a complex condition was necessary.  I configured the warning-type alert with this Trigger Condition:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

However, I discovered (by making a mistake in my monitors!) that this didn't work when all 3 application monitors had a Status of warning - this Alert still triggered.  Can someone tell me where I went wrong?

• Looking over your conditions it seems like it shouldn't have triggered, my best guess is that there may have been a short period of time between status changes where at least one of the monitors was still not warn/crit while at least one of the other two had already changed.  Maybe throw a minimum time on the secondary condition for 5 or 10 minutes as well?