1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 2, 2019 4:54 PM by serena

IBM MQ (message queuing) Monitoring

angrymelon

Greetings,

I've been asked to see if there is a way to collect metrics from IBM MQ. I haven't been able to find any out of the box, or community generated templates, so I'm seeking some input. I found other posts discussing this topic, but wasn't able to apply their suggestions. I'm also trying to avoid having to purchase any other applications (i.e. Queuemetrix) if possible.

The specific data that I've been requested to collect is:

• Queue depths
      • Active Channel connections count
      • Un-commited messages

If anyone has any suggestions to get me started I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance,

Ryan

• Re: IBM MQ (message queuing) Monitoring
          serena

angrymelon  wrote:

Greetings,

I've been asked to see if there is a way to collect metrics from IBM MQ. I haven't been able to find any out of the box, or community generated templates, so I'm seeking some input. I found other posts discussing this topic, but wasn't able to apply their suggestions. I'm also trying to avoid having to purchase any other applications (i.e. Queuemetrix) if possible.

The specific data that I've been requested to collect is:

• Queue depths
          • Active Channel connections count
          • Un-commited messages

If anyone has any suggestions to get me started I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance,

Ryan

Ryan, taking a look at QueueMetrix - it looks like they're utilizing a set of data including JMX MBeans, Http REST and Log files. Using component monitors such as our JMX Component monitor -> JMX monitor  You quite possibly can customize your application template to do this without incurring an additional monitoring cost. I'd recommend perhaps taking a look at how we've set up the Websphere template as a starter IBM WebSphere (JMX)

I'd also recommend that you open a feature request for me here Server & Application Monitor Feature Requests  with more details on what all you'd like to see, what versions you'd like us to support etc, and any details on how you'd like the data to be surfaced. Internal tracking ticket for my notes: SAM-10675

1 of 1 people found this helpful